How UEG can Help You.
- City/District Engineering Functions
- Platting, Zoning & Variance Reviews, and Subdivision & Site Plan Reviews
- City Council/Board of Directors Meeting Presentations and Updates
- Comprehensive, Water and Wastewater Master Planning
- Public Meeting Coordination and Participation
- Utility Rate Studies
- Impact Fee Analyses
- Feasibility Studies
- Capital Improvement Programming
- Subdivision Ordinance Development and Review
- Standard Construction Notes, Details, Specification Development and Review
- TWDB and USDA Funding Application Preparation and Processing
- TCEQ Bond Application Preparation and Processing
- TCEQ Permitting Coordination
- PUCT CCN STM Application Preparation and Processing
- Water Conservation and Drought Contingency Plan Development
- MS4 Permitting Coordination
- Preliminary Improvement Planning, Evaluation, and Cost Estimating
Design Services Include
- Roadway Reconstruction and Expansion
- Drainage and Erosion/Sedimentation Control Improvements
- Water Treatment, Transmission, Pumping, and Storage Improvements
- Wastewater Treatment, Collection, and Lift Station Improvements
- Recycled/Reuse Water System Improvements
- Bidding and Construction Phase Services
Texas Water Development Board (DBE) Program
Posted September 26, 2018
Utility Engineering Group, PLLC. (UEG) is currently pursuing contracts that include fair share goals and encourages Minority, Women Owned and other DBE’s to bid or participate as a Prime or Sub-Consultant on projects. The current TWDB goals are as follows:
The TWDB negotiated Fair Share Goals are in effect as of August 14, 2018. They are applicable until September 1, 2021.
Requirements and Recommendations:
To be compliant with the DBE Program, all solicitations, both publicly advertised and via direct contact, must address 1) fair share goals; 2) good faith efforts; 3) the involvement of federal EPA funding; and 4) encouragement of MBEs, WBEs, and other DBEs to bid as prime and subcontractors.
To ensure compliance, the TWDB recommends including the following language in all solicitations:
This contract is subject to the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program, which includes EPA-approved fair share goals toward procurement of Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) businesses. EPA rules require that applicants and prime contractors make a good faith effort to award a fair share of contracts, subcontracts, and procurements to M/WBEs through demonstration of the six affirmative steps. For more details of the DBE Program and the current, applicable fair share goals, please visit www.twdb.texas.gov/DBE.
UEG is currently seeking sub-consultants to provide the following tasks and scopes of service:
- Geotechnical Investigation and Reporting
- Environmental Consulting to include Jurisdictional Waters, Endangered Species and Cultural Resources
- Surveying – Boundary and Topographic
- Electrical Design
- Instrumentation and Controls
- Subsurface Utility Exploration
- Water Purification Engineering Services
- Construction Observation and Inspection
- Water Modeling and System Planning
- Site Planning and Site Civil Design
- Tunneling design
- Structural design
- Architectural consulting and land planning
- Landscape Architecture
- Right-of-way services
- Appraisal services
If you are interested in submitting qualifications for the project(s), please submit DBE Certifications, Qualifications and Scope items that your firm is interested in pursuing as a sub-consultant to UEG at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 256 Comal Avenue, New Braunfels, Texas 78130. We appreciate your consideration.
To Learn More...
Contact us today for a consultation.