ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|Position duties are varied and include assistance with project scoping, budgeting and scheduling, facilitation of client communication and the oversight, management and approval of project design and supervision of the design team. Additionally, this position requires the application of general civil engineering design techniques and principles on a variety of both public and private water and wastewater projects. Typical project responsibilities include preparing and presenting reports and updates; providing engineering computations; direction of production work of engineering technicians and engineers, including but not limited to contract and construction administration; construction observation and program management for multi-phase projects; hydraulic modeling; development and review of plans as well as providing technical specifications, contract documents and estimates. Ability to travel between project sites throughout Comal, Guadalupe, Bexar, Hays, Bell, Coryell, Burnet and the contiguous counties is required. This position requires the ability to work Monday-Thursday from 8am to 6pm and Friday from 8am to 12pm and as required by the position. This position is full-time, exempt employment and hours are subject to flexibility based on the need of the project. |
– Active Professional Engineer (PE) license in Texas.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
– Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering from an accredited four-year college or university; master’s degree in a related engineering field, preferred;
– Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an applicable or related engineering field (i.e. water/wastewater, environmental, civil) in responsible charge of project design and implementation;
– Experience as a project manager in a related engineering field, preferred.
– Proficiency in AutoCAD-Civil 3D; proficiency in water modeling software (WaterGEMS), preferred.
– Exhibit excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills; and
– Exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Suite programs.
Utility Engineering Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com