Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Position duties are varied and include assistance with project scoping, budgeting and scheduling, project design (including oversight/management and approval) as well as the facilitation of client communications. Additionally, this position requires the application of general civil engineering design techniques as well as principles on a variety of both public and private water and wastewater projects. Typical project responsibilities include preparing and presenting reports and updates, providing engineering computations, direction of production work of engineering technicians, hydraulic modeling, development and review of plans as well as providing technical specifications, contract documents and estimates. Candidates should have experience working with AutoCAD – Civil 3D for preparing engineering and design drawings. This position requires the ability to work Monday-Thursday from 8am to 6pm and Friday from 8am to 12pm; salary will be commensurate with experience.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Two years’ experience in CAD design.
- Candidates should possess excellent written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook).
- Active Professional Engineer (PE) or Engineer in Training (EIT) license in the State of Texas, or ability to attain within 6 months of hire.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an applicable or related engineering field (i.e. water/wastewater, environmental, civil).
- Experience as a Project Manager in a related engineering field.
- Master’s Degree in a related engineering field.
Utility Engineering Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer