ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops design concepts and detailing of various components of paving, drainage, site work, structural elements, etc.
- Applies basic knowledge of civil and mechanical engineering fundamentals – including pumping systems, sewer systems, utilities and street design.
- Prepares and assembles plans, plots drawings and specifications for various projects and associated documents.
- Performs field reconnaissance, on-site construction observation and prepares as-built drawings, as required by projects.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Associate’s, Technical or Bachelor’s Degree in a related program or comparable work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a civil engineering firm.
- Proficient with recent versions of software applications: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of design and drafting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of design interpretation and drafting standard compliance.
- Excellent proofing and editing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff members and clients.
- Experience with water, wastewater plant design, storage facilities, pump/lift stations, sewage collection systems, distribution systems, street/road and drainage, preferred.
Utility Engineering Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer